Experienced Freelance Blogger and Content Manager
Greetings! I am Andrew Rosen, a professional blogger, content manager, guest blogger, freelance writer, social media consultant, and e-commerce analyst available for hire. Contact me for full resume; connect on LinkedIn.
I specialize in developing and positioning online content to boost site ranking/popularity and visitor retention. Background in journalism, radio broadcasting, and advertising, with expertise hiring and managing staff.
JOBACLE.COM, New York, NY
Founder & Editor
May 2005 to Present
• Launched career development portal securing 1.6M+ podcast downloads and over 45,000 page views per month, attracting coverage from The Washington Post, NBC, Yahoo!, SIRIUS, Chicago Sun Times, Globe & Mail, Nielsen, and Reuters.
AAA, New York, NY
Manager of Internet Services & Digital Media
2006 to Present
• Oversee daily operations of website for iconic non-profit automotive-travel organization, serving a key role in growing website sales by $12 million with a 20% increase in online renewals; project manager for website redesign.
• Establish and enforce AAA brand standards and Internet style guide across 2,000-plus Web pages with 15 million page views annually. Editor of 12 e-newsletters delivered to a total of 2.5 million subscribers monthly.
• Converted online readership from one-time visitors to frequent browsers by posting 10-20 search engine optimization (SEO) stories and “hot topic” articles monthly, boosting site visits by 30%.
FOX NEWS CHANNEL, New York, NY
Supervising Web Producer
2004 to 2006
• Showcased the human element of on-air personalities by producing 40 streaming bios, setting up and editing audio blogs recorded from the field, and moderating text blogs.
• Increased website’s “stickiness” by devising Fox Fan Fun, an interactive portal of games, trivia, and quizzes; creating iMag, a video zine covering lifestyle issues (sponsored by Ford); and producing 60-second news teasers daily.
VH1 SATELLITE RADIO, New York, NY
2001 to 2004
• Wrote and produced 6 hours of daily radio content including original shows and repackaged VH1 favorites such as “Behind the Music” and “Storytellers.”
• Held interviews with and engineered performances for icons Coldplay, Lee Ann Womack, David Gray, and more.
PULVER.COM, Melville, NY
Operations Coordinator, PulverRadio
• Interviewed telecom and high-tech CEOs, covering ventures, products, and forecasts.
WLIR-FM, Garden City, NY
1998 to 2001
• Scheduled 100,000+ hours of commercials and produced daily morning show.
TESTA COMMUNICATIONS, Port Washington, NY
1996 to 1998
CMJ (College Music Journal), Great Neck, NY
1995 to 1996
Google Analytics, WebTrends, Omniture, Web content management systems, Exact Target, Photoshop, Adobe Audition, MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, video and audio editing
Podcasts, Blogs, Video, Radio, E-newsletters, Articles, Columns, Features & Teasers, Interviews, Site & Product Reviews, Bios
BA Media Studies & Journalism
Queens College, Flushing, NY